Friday, November 09, 2007

Bottomed Out - No Pun Intended!

Well, yesterday was a day! I had to get my bloodwork checked and a shot for the anemia and I more or less crashed and burned. The nurses didn't like what I was telling them about my week, nor the fact that I "looked dry" (whatever that means) and they promptly checked with the nurse practicioner who then insisted on seeing me. They said since I never complain, they knew something must be wrong......I guess the emotional tears contributed too...not to mention having lost 9 pounds since last friday! Three hours later I left, pumped and plumped up with fluids, steroids, antibiotics and a prescription. They think I have an intestinal infection. I have no immune system as the white blood count is almost down to zero and my red blood counts stink too. No one mentioned the dreaded "mask" thing, so I am just going to bump up that B-12 and protein diet.

By 5:30 I was feeling great and Laura and the grandkids came over to help with the tree.....it is starting to look good but there are still hundreds of ornaments to be hung. I actually ate a piece of pizza for dinner.....probably not the smartest thing in the world but it did taste good....back to chicken soup and toast today. Not sure about the tummy today......still gurgling in there.

So many of you continue to ask about Jake. He is still home and doing well...no infections that we know of. He goes next week for a consult with the liver doctor and a check-up, so hopefully we will know more then. For now, he is thriving on love from his darling wife, April and his "girls", Millie, Maggie and Lois.

Thank you all for continued prayers and support! xoxoxo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad that pumped and plumping thing helped you feel some better! Hope things go well for Jake at the doctor's. Sending love and hugs...

Anonymous said...

Greetings from snow country...see things can be worse:)
I had missed your blog, so I could of seen that you have been sick. Anyways, you remain on my daily prayer list and I am always praying specifically for you and these treatments.
I love you and I have not forgot about the raspberry jelly(to share with Keith)
Thinking of you and sending hugs and kisses.
B & Ugly