Sunday, September 23, 2007

Jake IS HOME!!!!!!!!!!

The happiest of news!!!! April brought Jake home from the hospital today....finally! He is still waiting to be listed for a transplant! I do not understand so much of this and you really don't want to know all the details, so enough to know that we are all doing the happy dance today along with his girls, Lois, Millie and Maggie, his golden retriever and two dachies! They apparently went nuts when the saw him! The change of scenery will do him good and he will surely get stronger at home...his body still needs to prepare itself for a new liver. So please keep him in your prayers....they are what have gotten him this far.

Keith and I are in Panama City Beach and loving every minute of it. Keith played golf today and I took 3 naps! Today is the third day after chemo and it's the wipe-out day. My mouth is giving me fits again, (mind you, the wine is soothing), every bone in my body hurts along with my skin and I am sooooooo tired. So, now I have a good idea what to expect after each treatment and will schedule accordingly. It's just nice to be with Rosemary here in Paradise with nothing to do except rest and listen to the waves crash to shore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Many praises for Jake being home! I'm sure he'll gain his strength faster there. Glad you can be in a restful place after treatment! Hugs!