Friday, September 21, 2007

2nd Chemo = 1/4 of the way done!

Yesterday was my second chemo treatment and it was smooth sailing. I have nice rosy cheeks and no side effects...all good things! I am doing the scarf and hat thing and loving it. I think I have bought 10 new ones in the last two days....some are keepers, others are going back......but I think I know what to look for now. I'm up to scarf tying 102!

We are off to Panama City Beach tomorrow morning to visit our dear friend Rosemary and for Keith to play in the Art Gleason Pro-Member-Guest Tournament. It will be sweet memories of our dear friend Art as it is still hard to believe he is not with us.

From the Panhandle, we head to North Carolina to check on Keith's 1939 Pierce Arrow car that has been being restored for the last 10 (at least) years! We need to kick some you know what and get this car done! NOT a happy subject in our household! It's for sale, if anyone is interested! I will be taking pictures for sure. We are staying in a cute B&B for a couple of nights and my reward will be a visit to Saluda, NC and a store called Random Arts......I will have to send Keith to the coffee shop with the NYTimes crossword puzzle cause I plan on seeing and touching everything in the store.....not to mention buying half of it! And he promised not to rush me! whoo hoo!

So, if you don't hear from me for a few days, do not be concerned! I will be napping to the sound of the waves and doing absolutely nothing but relaxing.

Love you all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dottie....it's early Saturday morning and I know you are looking forward to the beach with RoRo. I wish I could be there...have afun relaxing time...love you bunches...Dèbe

Anonymous said...

Dear Dottie,
Allow for a MINIMUM Of 2 hours in Random Arts....you are going to go nuts in there! It took me 40 minutes right inside the front door, LOL!

Have a fabulous time.
~Catherine (in Charlotte NC)

Anonymous said...

Good morning,
Oh, to be with you for the next few days. I am so glad to hear that you are doing fine, and so for the next few days, I will not worry:)
You are in my prayers and have fun.
Bobbie