Sunday, February 03, 2008

Heading Home


Well our week in paradise is over! We are sitting in the Admirals Club in Miami (YUK!) Airport watching the Super Bowl. We had a great flight from Barbados with seats that virtually turned into beds....very cool. Too bad the food was terrible and no chocolate chip cookies, the only redeeming feature of flying. Anyway, we had a wonderful week. Keith played golf almost everyday and I played 18 holes two days in a row. The rest of the time I spent by the pool. We had some lovely dinners out but the best are always those prepared by Maurine and Euseen. The "girls" are simply wonderful and spoil us rotten.

The Marshalls are such good friends and hosts. We love our time together and also the time we all spend doing our own thing. It's nice having friends you can spend quiet time with and no one feels the need to entertain.

So next week looms big and scary. I am seeing the oncologist tomorrow morning and I am "supposed" to be having a PET scan too...I just haven't heard that it is confirmed. Somebody has screwed up and left me hanging.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dottie........my prayers are with you and I'm go glad you had a grand time with your friends! No chocolate chip cookies??? What kinda place is that!
Marianne

Anonymous said...

Wishing you well all week and you know I'll be sending prayers, too. Glad you had a wonderful time with your friends!