Monday, December 10, 2007

Santa's Elves arrive in Belleair!


Well, true to form, my friends are the best! My dear little Sally from Spring Hill showed up on Saturday and wrapped her little heart out for me! My Christmas workshop is still a disaster but whow, did we ever make progress! On Wednesday, my sweet friend, Dee, is coming over to help with the baking! I was kidding in my last post and then the offers started coming it.....from near and far! I am shaking my head in wonder that I am so blessed. Everyone is crazy-busy at this time of year and to take a whole day to help a friend means more than I can ever say.

Well, it's been a week! My face is getting better but I now itch like crazy. As it turns out, I am allergic to the new chemo!!! So much for sailing through this segment of treatment. My next treatment is the 18th and they will change the "cocktail" then...hopefully it will be a mild mixture that will not knock me out for Christmas. On a happy note and this is not confirmed by any doctor but I "think" the tumor is shrinking! That would certainly be the best Christmas present I could get and be worth the side effects of last week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sending blessings to you and to your sweet friends for helping you out! I know how much you appreciate them. Wish I could be there to address your cards, sweep your floor, or fold your sheets or something :) Know that I think of you every day. I do hope that John and I can see you for a bit while we are there in February! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Good evening

Thanks for writing this blog, loved reading it