Wednesday, November 14, 2007

My Lucky Day!!! Whoo Hooo!!!

Belleair CC held their annual breast cancer golf tournament today, the Rally for the Cure, in rememberance of my dear friend, Lyn. I volunteered to help out since I haven't been playing golf and I also attended the luncheon. There were tons of auction items donated and we got to put our tickets in the pails in front of the items we hoped to win. There were 4 really big prizes, the best of which was dinner for 8 in your own home prepared by the chef of Rathbun's Restaurant in Atlanta. The chef flies in from Atlanta and prepares hor d'oerves and a five course meal plus wine for 6 of our nearest and dearest friends and us! YES! I WON!!!! I am still not believing this but what a perfect way to celebrate the end of chemo early next year!!! Now that is what I call a F U N Day!

I am starting to feel much much better though I still have some stomach issues. All in all, I can't complain....ok, so I can and I did but I'm thinking this must be about over and I am definitely ready to move on and get cranking on Christmas. Talk about being "over it"!!!??, I'M OVER IT! PET scan tomorrow, 4 more chemos, surgery and radiation......bring it on....I have a guest list to prepare!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Day! What a great prize, that's really something to look forward to!!!

primdollie said...

Oh congrats on the big WIN and also that you are feeling better and all and things are looking up I hope!!! so glad and happy for you and yes the holidays are looming and lordie as with everything in my life am behind am behind!! so look to hear good news from the PET scan let us know!! love and hugs Linda

Jennifer said...

Dottie - I have a smile on my face seeing how much you are embracing life right now! And I'm grinning (a bit jealous) about your Rathburn's win. The "other" Rathburn brother owns two restaurants here in Dallas and I'm a regular at both of them. Those are some SERIOUSLY talented boys and your meal will be fantastic, no doubt!