Friday, November 02, 2007

Chemo is not for Sissies!

i know i have been lax in blogging this week....the only excuse is laziness and the fact that i am TIRED! the chemo is building up in my system and causing me to lack energy and need more down time......very frustraing to say the least. i seem to accomplish just the basics and meet all my appointments and then it's back to my little nest to read or nap. BUT, here is the good news! I amd HALFWAY through my chemo as of yesterday! i must say it has gone fast and i am hoping the same for the second session of treatments. this second series is supposed to be a little easier on the system....so that is more good news, especially with the holidays looming large. i must confess that i have started, very s l o w l y to put up the christmas decorations. i love Christmas and i want to enjoy all my treasures...many of which are gifts from you all. i guess i won't be able to open the verticals on the bay window after the tree goes up...people will think i am nuts. (no comments)

I will try to post more often. Pictures will be scarce as i am almost a total skin head.....eyebrows and eyelashes are thinning and i am not liking this at all! i am looking like a chemo patient......boo hoo!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dottie,
Great to hear from you, I continue to keep you in my prayers.
~Catherine

Anonymous said...

Hi Dottie - I have been checking for a blog each day since your last one and was beginning to get worried. Left early this morning for golf and did not see your 5 oclock A.M. blog until I got home. Saw Keith in the 19th hole and he told me you were exhausted by the chemo, butI guess that is how it has to be if it is going to work.
Love and prayers for you and you will always be a beautiful person no matter what!
Shirley