Monday, October 01, 2007

Headed to the Great NORTHWEST



to visit my buddy Paula and attend the Art & Soul Retreat in Portland, OR!!! I can't wait to touch down, see my dearest friend and do what we do......make art! We have a really full week planned.....well, at least for me, it will be full. Wednesday morning, Paula will go to Yoga class and I will get a wonderful massage! This girl (Paula, that is) knows how to plan! We will have already registered, done the meet and greet etc. prior to our little health soiree......who knows what we'll do the rest of the day. i will be jet-lagged but pumped, so who knows. Thursday is our first class and it's all day long...the same on Friday.....Saturday is shopping day and night, Sunday is crash and burn, Monday is more of the same....shop, crash, burn, shop, crash, burn.......since i can't seem to taste anything eating is not on the schedule! one would think that if you couldn't taste anything, that you would stop eating......but not me! i keep thinking that the very next bite is going to taste exactly like i think it should.....soooooo, i just keep nibbling away and hoping and nibbing and nibbling and hoping and well, pretty soon, i am going to realize that i have gained 10 pounds.......duhhhhhhhhh!! wine on the other hand does have a lovely flavorful taste. go figure!
so, i shall only eat wine from now on......LOL.....

on that note i shall close.....BUT, i must post one, ok, maybe two pictures of my beautiful grand-daughter at homecoming last Saturday.....she is 14! heck, i was 50 when she was born and i stood at the one hour photo-developing counter waiting for the pictures of her birth!!!!! where the heck have 14 years gone? AND who is this boy that brings my baby a long stemmed rose???
hmmmmmmmm, and to think this is just the beginning!

well, i am packed and ready to head out. i will have my computer with me so feel free to write to me.

No comments: