Saturday, September 08, 2007

Maniacal Mood Swing Monster!!!


That was me YESTERDAY...it was a "get out of my way or I am going to kill you day" cause I WAS IN PAIN and couldn't get my prescriptions filled cause the drug was discontinued and then it was the pharmacy run-a-round routine in which the manager is still probably quaking at the thought of Mrs. CLARK coming in the store any time soon. (He did however, pay for my prescription when it was finally ready). So, no more on that subject. The card I received today says on the inside "just remember, you're tougher"! and I AM!!!! I just hope Keith is too cause he received the first onslaught of my monster mash!

Happily, the day got better as they most often do, when one of my oldest and "bestest" buddies came for a visit and lunch. Kathie and I have known each other since 2nd grade when she moved into the house next to mine. I have many friends from my childhood in Ridgewood, NJ, but none quite as special as Kathie and my soon to visit OLDEST IN THE WHOLE WORLD PLAYPEN BUDDY, Alison! what a time we will have next month when all three of us are together! Anyway, Kathie snapped me out of my black mood and got me laughing again. kiss, kiss, girlfriend! I love you!

AND YET ANOTHER.......Kindess of Strangers report: OK, you all know by now that I actually enjoy ironing.......what I think I enjoy most is when it is done and well, when it isn't done, I am not happy....OCD??? maybe.....anyway, I was looking through the classified section of our little town rag a couple of days ago and noted an add for ...of all things....IRONING!!!!!!!! I virtually never read the classified ads much less the paper itself, but hey...I did and I decided to call this gal...get this...her name is Barby, married to Ken with a last name of Darby...so she is Barby Darby..you gotta love that! Well, we chatted for at least 15 minutes..when she asked me "what do you have?" meaning in the way of ironing, I answered "breast cancer"! and then broke out laughing...anyway, we discovered we both loved ironing...blah, blah, blah. I promised to call the next morning.......are you still with me here? my blog, remember? I can ramble if I want to......so, I called her and told her I was having a really bad day and she immediately said she would come and pick up my ironing! That, of course, made me cry...people are always making me cry because of being so kind...you all really need to knock it off!......so Barby Darby comes and in tow with her is her friend and little 8month old blue-eyed blonde baby boy! oh my, what a joy to hold and love on this little cutie patootie. I had to get the camera out and take pictures...he was so adorable and well....there you are.......I was a happy girl/GIGI/Grandma the rest of the day....and the nap? yup, that helped too! So, thanks Kath and thanks Barby for turning my day around.

Today........good day spent with my Panera family of coffee buddies and a very special new friend. I love you Lsc!!! Keep smiling for me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad things started looking up after a rough start to the day! Are you still having to wear the mask when you go out? OK, so share a pic of the cutie patootie already (unless Barby Darby objects :)...yep, love the name.