Thursday, September 06, 2007

Bump in the Road

Woke up early feeling great and looking forward to my 1 week check-up with my oncologist. Turns out my white blood count is really low and now I have to be very very careful of crowds and chancing infections of any kind. What does this mean to me personally? I can't visit our son in the hospital. I can't go to our granddaughter's volleyball game. I can't go grocery shopping....oh damn, oh well, I don't do that anyway! I have to wear a MASK when I do go anywhere with people......hello? That would mean like EVERYWHERE outside my house! unless maybe I were to walk the dogs. This is now changing my life style and I am a bit rung out over it. It's been a tear filled day for sure. I decided to visit my Hospice volunteer friends and one look at them and I bust into tears...within minutes I was laughing again and finding treasures that I just love.......including this brand new PINK t-shirt that says "Cancer Sucks"...ok, so it's a bit crude, but then it only speaks truth! God has a funny sense of humor cause I am telling you I was headed for the door when the clothing gal pulled this T-shirt out of the bin and we both went duhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! Someone obviously didn't have the nerve to wear it...I, on the other hand, might never take it off! LOL

I am now adding 3 more prescriptions to my life.....antibiotics and a $120 two-inch tube of cream for a viral infection (aka herpes) on my bottom lip that hurts like a ...you know what, and then a mouth rinse which the pharmacy had to order. TMI, I know but it is afterall my blog and my journey and so skip forward to the happy part of my day! I got yet another gorgeous Pro-Flowers bouquet of cheery sunny sun flowers from our friends Kathleen and Wes! I am being so spoiled!!!!!! And I freely admit that I love it! I love nothing more than I love flowers. So major big hugs to you two wonderful people today! I can't take pictures yet cause they are still gasping for water. Tomorrow will be photo day! XOXOXO

1 comment:

Ladybug said...

I'm praying for you!

A friend of mine has a shirt that says, "Infertility sucks." (she has an adopted son after years of IF treatments).

You gotta call a spade a spade sometimes!