Tuesday, December 18, 2007

I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT!

VIOLET HAS SHRUNK!!!!!!!! Today was my appointment with the doctor after a rather nasty 3 weeks of being allergic to the chemo drug, taxatere. We discussed all the side effects I was experiencing and still had evidence of and then he said he would do a physical exam. Yippee Skippee! That is what I wanted him to do. As my last post stated, I thought the tumor had shrunk. Well the doctor stood over me and kept frowing.....then he asked me to sit up.......more frowning. THEN, he got a phone call and left the room. When he came back he looked at me and said, "I am having trouble feeling the tumor!!!!!!" Yes, I said, I know, me too! I just knew it had shrunk! He said what started at 2.3 centimeters was now less than 1 centimeter!!!!!! I am estatic (I love it when I am right!) and doing the happy dance. All the suffering of the last chemo was worth it! Now I am on a new drug, Taxol which has other side effects which I am hoping not to experience. I can put up with the aches and pains and tingling and numbness....I just want my mouth issues to go away! Heck, if I have to, I can deal with that too....just means I will lose a few more pounds. The only thing so far with the chemo is that it takes 4 hours!!!!! That's twice as long as before but apparently it is a mega-dose. (scary) So, 6 treatments down, 2 to go and then a month off before surgery. Guess where we are going in February? Barbados!!! to visit our friends the Marshalls! I need to get back to swinging a golf club before then!

So, with that good news, I wish all of you an equally exciting, fullfilling Christmas! I thank God, my doctors and all of you known and unknown prayer warriors (Santa too) for your continued support and faithfullness! I love you all!

Happy Birthday Jesus!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Dottie - thought I would check for a new blog today before I leave for Nashville on Friday and what good news! Shrinking Violet may even disappear altogether! Will be praying for you whever I am - we can even ask for NO mouth issues!
Love you, Shirley

Anonymous said...

Hurray! I've been waiting and praying to hear this news! Let's hope now this next chemo is easier :)Merry Christmas to you and Keith!

Ladybug said...

HOORAY! That is excellent news!

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

I was thinking of you today so came to catch up. So glad to hear the good report!! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Angie M./MO

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news. Praying this chemo goes much smoother.
Merry Christmas to you and your family from John & I.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad it has shrunk! I happened upon your blog through a link of another blog that I happened upon. LOL! And I stop in every now and then to see how you are doing. I will keep you in my thoughts that you continue to progress and get no side effects from the Taxol! Hugs!