Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I FAILED to put on an ounce!


We ate and we ate and we ate. Thanksgiving at Laura's house was fabulous and so good to all be together and in good health. I was given a reprieve from chemo this week, so i was feeling great. We left for disney soon after dinner and felt totally sated. We had dinner Friday night at our favorite restaurant, Victoria and Alberts, at the Grand Floridian.

Walnut Oil Seared Duck wiwth Hearts of Palm, Huckleberry Vinaigrette and Fourme D"Ambert Fondue

Pan Roasted foie Gras with Fuji Apples and Mostarda de Cremona

Roasted Butternut Squash and Pumpkin Cream Soup

Kurobuta Pork Tenderloin and Belly with Banana Squash Ragout

Cranberry Gelato

Grand Marnier Souffle

Saturday night we ate at Citrico's (sister reaturant) where once again I had seared fois gras and roasted butternut squash soup with a banana chocolate souffle to top it off.





To make our weekend perfect and memorable, I got to visit with long-time friends (Kathleen Woodruff and Darlene Bartlett) that I hadn't seen in years. We did lots of catching up and promises of future visits. Here are a couple of pictures. I have given up on scarves, hats, buffs, wigs (never worn) and done something I never though I could or would do.......I go BALD! and I LOVE IT! I have met more people this way and received more hugs from "sisters", heard encouraging stories and compliments on how brave I am. I tell them for me it is sign of courage and strength and it makes me stand tall. It does take guts and people do double takes but that's ok....what they don't know is that I open the car windows and can actually feel the wind blowing through my hair and it makes me smile and sing! LOL Life is Great!

I had chemo yesterday...I now have only 3 more. Violet (the tumor) had not shrunk according to the latest PET scan which was rather disappointing but the drug they are giving me now is famous for getting the job done so I am counting on that and your prayers! The side effects are mostly just fatigue but I have a busy schedule this week and then I leave for Camp Living Springs...a camp weekend for cancer patients. So wish me luck that I don't crash and burn this weekend. For now I feel great!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are looking fabulous, girl! Hair or not! You have a real sparkle in your eyes. Hey, have a great time at camp...bet you never thought you'd be going to camp at this stage of your life!!

Gale Blair said...

Prayers Prayers Prayers - healing thoughts and, of course, warm wishes for a HOOT of a time at camp! G xxxx